Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pinterest Challenge Saturday!


Hello Friends! Back again with another Pinterest challenge! This one was just something really quick and easy. I had another project planned as well, but my hubby was home for a very short week and I didn't do much crafting. I know it's not terribly exciting and it's not something I spent days or hours making, but I love still love it! I got another project done that I pinned, so that makes me happy.

Our front door and shutters used to be a very ugly gray. I have always wanted them painted black. Hubby finally painted them when he was home on leave this summer. You can see the color they were before on the upstairs shutters and the fabulous new black on the downstairs shutters. It looks like a brand new house and we both LOVE it!

So, I wanted to spiff up the front door a bit. I have seen this idea many times on the web. Adding a "WELCOME" statement directly on the door. You can see my inspiration from Pinterest here. I bought some white vinyl and used my Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge, cut the letters out at 5 1/2 and placed them on the door. I didn't want the letters too fancy, we are laid back, easy going, so this was a perfect fit for us. Easy peasy! The door looks sooo much better! I really do love it!! I planned on making a nice Fall wreath as my second project for today, but that will just have to wait, life happens!




2 comments:

  1. Looks Fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I may try something like this!:)
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally cute Shana!! :) Love the font!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Hooah Hugs!!